Challenging, supporting and inspiring, giving every child the confidence to succeed and flourish in the wider world.
In order to fulfil our commitment to provide an education to children across a range of abilities, ensuring that they achieve their full potential, we aim to:
- provide an excellent academic education, which enables all of our pupils to be realistically ambitious and make confident informed choices that are key to their lives and careers, in a disciplined, safe and secure environment, free from discrimination, which fosters a happy community in which each member’s contribution is valued.
- safeguard and promote the mental and physical well-being of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment to a disciplined safe and secure environment, free from discrimination, which fosters a happy community in which each member’s contribution is valued;
- deliver a broad, well-balanced curriculum and a range of extra-curricular, creative and sporting opportunities in order to foster healthy self-awareness and confidence in well-rounded pupils.
- support the values and attitudes in keeping with a Christian tradition and to encourage an awareness and tolerance of all faiths and therefore develop happy, mindful, self-disciplined, self-reliant, well-mannered, caring, and confident children.
- promote links within the wider community around and beyond Shoreham College, widening pupil horizons as people who have a place and social responsibilities within a local, national and global community. Promote an awareness of our immediate and wider environment, and the part that everyone has to play in looking after both.
- encourage and promote a strong partnership between pupils, parents and the school, recognising that each member of the school community has an equally important role to play in contributing to the success of the individual and to the overall ethos of the College.
- encourage staff to achieve their maximum potential, with the support of the College Council. This will be achieved by investing in the staff’s future, both in training and professional development. All staff and pupils are encouraged to achieve their full potential, within a happy and stimulating environment.