Aims and Ethos of the College
In order to fulfil our commitment to provide an education to children of wide ranging abilities and talents, ensuring that they achieve their potential at school and are well prepared to succeed in their aspiration for whatever challenges they face beyond, we aim to:
- deliver a broad, well-balanced curriculum and a range of extra-curricular, creative and sporting opportunities, with high expectations for all;
- instil values and attitudes in keeping with a Christian tradition and to encourage an awareness and tolerance of all faiths; develop well-rounded, self-disciplined, self-reliant, well-mannered, caring, confident children in a happy and secure environment;
- foster team work and encourage breadth of character through a wide range of extra-curricular experiences;
- encourage staff to achieve their maximum potential, with the support of the College Council;
- encourage and promote a strong partnership between pupils, parents and the College, recognising that each member of the school community has an equally important role to play in contributing to the success of the individual and to the overall ethos of the College;
- promote links with the wider community and an awareness of our immediate, and wider environment, and the part that all have to play in looking after both.