At Shoreham College we aim to:
- Help pupils understand the present in the context of the past.
- Help pupils to be curious and enthusiastic about historical events and historical personalities.
- Encourage the skills of enquiry and analysis.
- Ensure pupils are aware that there are often varied and conflicting interpretations of the past.
In Key Stage 3 students study the following topics:
- Year 7 - The Medieval church, warfare and society.
- Year 8 - The Tudors and Stuarts, French Revolution, Native American Indians and Slavery
- Year 9 - The first and second world wars and The Cold War
In Key Stage 4 students learn about Nazi Germany, The USA in the 1920s, The Cold War and Britain 1900-1918.