Shoreham College is a leading independent day school for girls and boys aged 3 to 16.
We are a mainstream school committed to providing a stimulating, vibrant education to children across a range of abilities, and to ensuring all our pupils achieve their full potential. We strive to:
- provide a welcoming and nurturing environment which supports, celebrates, and knows every pupil as an individual;
- deliver an excellent academic education which develops ambition, resilience, creativity, and confidence;
- offer exciting opportunities beyond the classroom;
- foster a commitment to charitable causes and local community action;
- encourage all pupils and staff to achieve their full potential within a safe and happy environment;
- be inclusive, respectful, and kind, valuing individuals and their families.
At the heart of our local community, Shoreham College is a family school in every sense. We value every individual in our community for who they are. Understanding that happiness and well-being are essential for achievement and progress, we are ambitious for our pupils within a nurturing community. Our compassionate ethos is at the centre of everything we do.
Our pupils benefit from an extensive curriculum and superb facilities and teaching. Small class sizes ensure every child enjoys an education tailored to their needs and an appropriate level of challenge and support. A genuinely mixed ability school, we are experienced in providing an excellent, personalised education.
Playing an active role in our community is important to us. Our children learn to be good citizens whilst developing crucial social and leadership skills. We work with Brighton Homeless and Vulnerable Charity – Off the Fence, and have gold accreditation from the Youth Parliament Democracy Awards. In school, we foster a friendly, kind environment with our children’s well-being paramount. We are a beacon school for mindfulness, and await formal accreditation for our work on diversity. Our thriving forest school allows our pupils to explore and appreciate the natural world.
In choosing Shoreham College for your child, you place in us a huge amount of trust and responsibility. The best way to understand what makes Shoreham College special is to visit us. Our principal, Mrs Sarah Bakhtiari, will be delighted to show you around and to introduce you to our wonderful community. We extend the warmest of welcomes to you and your family at any time of the school year.